Mangos are one of my favorite fruits and they make a delicious frozen yogurt flavor that is very easy to make. The hard part is driving to a store that sells Greek yogurt. If you don’t have one near you don’t despair. You can simply use regular yogurt and strain it through some cheesecloth for a couple of hours ahead of time to end up with that same dense consistency.
- Frozen Yogurt Base
- 1 cup plain yogurt (preferably whole milk). Try to use a high quality brand ie. Seven Star's, Nancy's etc..
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt (preferably non or low fat)
- If you can't find Greek yogurt strain 2 cups of regular yogurt through cheese cloth (even a paper towel in a colander works) for a couple of hours to dense it up.
- ½ cup superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Flesh of 2 Mangoes
- Slice flesh off of mangoes and puree in a blender or food processor.
- Whisk together well, all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Process in your ice cream maker as per manufacturer's instructions.
This recipe makes around a quart and a half of frozen yogurt. Feel free to cut everything in half if that’s to much.
Some complimentary flavors, alone or in combination, that should work well are:
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped mint