So this is quite a claim is it not? Cenk, the food blogger behind Cafe Fernando is a big time, serious, foodie chocoholic. So don’t take his boast lightly. When you visit his website you will be impressed.
Some interesting things about this recipe:
- It uses a sweetened condensed milk base, which the more I experiment with, the more I am thinking of as a completely seperate category of true ice creams. The textural qualities it creates are unique.
- No additional sugar is used so all the sweetness comes from the condensed milk.
- This should be obvious, but you will want to use the highest quality bittersweet chocolate and cocoa powder you can.
- You don’t need an ice cream maker to make this ice cream! However by all means use your machine if you want to serve it more quickly.
- I don’t know about it being THE BEST, but the reward for effort ratio is very high. It is a simple recipe that results in great ice cream.
- As Cenk points our do not use more than 2 tablespoons of American corn starch which is different in action from the Turkish version he used.
The Best Chocolate Ice Cream You Will Ever Eat
Chocolate / 1 quart
Mix Prep Time: 30 min
Freeze Time: 30 min
Total Time: 1 hour